Welcome back, Akiba from Freaklabs
- Contextual Electronics members now get the “academic pricing” on the Analog Discovery 2. That device is made by Digilent. We had Clint Cole on the show in the in the past.
- Akiba just got back from Europe for vacation. Prior to that he was working on a World Bank/Egyptian Government project instrumenting waste systems to prevent dumping.
- The project uses 3G modules, simcom 5320e
- Of course this topic made us think of the @InternetOfShit twitter account.
- The field radio Akiba favors is a point to point 802.15.4 radio.
- This is instead of using LoRa, which is a 900 Mhz sensor protocol by Semtec
- Ubiquity long range
- The septage project was build on similar technology as the rice field monitoring project Akiba has been working on for a few years now.
- Akiba’s next project will be drones, possibly working with agriculture.
- During reboot of multiple product, Akiba is planning on organizing into product lines
- IEEE ACM article (behind a paywall, unfortunately)
- During a discussion of lifestyle businesses, Chris mentioned the book the E-myth. In it, they talk about “primary aim”
- While discussing the AD2, Akiba mentioned $50 test fixtures in china (see images below)
- Chris wrote about solo engineers.
- Beers in akiba’s workshop
- Dangerous prototypes now offers Dirty Cables and Dirty Decapping
- Follow Akiba on Twitter as @freaklabs
Thanks to gtzecosan for the image of the septic system