A lot of design chatter this week! We obviously must be faking it!
- Dave is creating a new PCB for his Nixie project, Chris recommends they shop on PCB Shopper
- At the shared workspace Chris is at, Twisted Traces is doing bundled assembly.
- For a new industrial board Chris is looking at, he’s considering an RS485 physical layer with an RJ45 connector and using Cat5 cabling.
- For a single master, multi slave configuration on a bus, he’ll need to use DIP switches.
- Dave has used 1 wire Unique ID (UID) chips in the past, such as the DS2401.
- The Tiko 3D printer failed.
- CNLohr had some good war stories about making 2000 wifi/blinky badges for MAGfest
- Is something like the Chipeasy a requirement for your lab? It’s still funding on Kickstarter.
- There are other tools that manage your in-lab inventory with software like PartsBox.
- Keysight will be giving away a bunch of scopes in March…and we’re judging!
- Chris wanted to give some insight to people starting to freak out about the EE job search (hint: build stuff)
- Zachtronics apparently aren’t the only ones making Hardware design video games. Is this a trend?
Many thanks to our Patreon sponsors! We’ll be back next week!
Thank to Ian Kennedy for the fake sign photo.