Chris is back from his European adventure and Dave is buying a new space!
- Chris was at Electronica in Munich two weeks ago.
- The winner of the Hackaday Prize was announced at an event on the Thursday of that week. SatNOGS won the grand prize (a trip to space).
- Dave was up on the big screen because he announced his judging winners
- There are also videos for each prize entry: SatNOGS, RamanPi, PortableSDR, ChipWhisperer, Open Source Tricorder.
- The last day the show is a bit more deserted (compared to above).
- An example booth size from Maxim.
- Dave is buying a new space (hopefully). It will be a storage/workshop space.
- Chris met the people making the RasPi CommPlus who are from Austria (not Australia). It is in an interesting hard spot between industrial hardware, medium price and a crowded marketplace.
- The Mu Thermal team has finally said they will not be meeting their production target. Companies like Seek and Flir are doing sensor innovation, whereas Mu was dependent upon 3rd party sensor tech.
- The Planet Labs team is putting up their next set of “Doves” on a SpaceX rocket. Shaun was on the show previously and will be speaking at a TBA event in SF.
- The site that Chris has been working on (Parts.io) is now open to the public.
- Dave found a cache of popular electronics PDFs.
- We now have a Patreon account! Please support the show if you can.