Not as many links this week but the usual hour’s worth of talking. We even managed to work in a comment or two about open hareware development (even though we promised not to previously). On to the links!
- There is free software to develop chip level designs!
- Chris Atkins suggests his former professor’s site for tutorials and other links.
- Fluxor talks about potential ways to get the cost of wafers down.
- Discussion Points
- The “Poken” Dave took apart from the Renesas event used a Microchip part – Oops!
- 1st person view flying from a tri-copter. Chris wishes he would have had this at the Rally to Restore Sanity to see over the crowds.
- One listener is disappointed with Instructables working through paid memberships. Dave is annoyed he can’t download source code without joining, and gives Instructables the big thumbs down. Are they the leeches of the open source community?
- Element14 is offering to send people to conferences on their dime if you report and cover it on video.
Sorry about the blip in the audio, I should have been better prepared. We’ll get another try next week though! Until then!