Many thanks to our sponsor, ElectronicSurplus.com. Check out the large amount of stock they have available for your next project.
- No, the US will not be building a death star.
- Nor will they be moving to the metric system (aside from the fact that metric is already the official system)
- Chris highly recommends this (free!) book on analog system design.
- Dave references the Aussie classic, Young Einstein.
- This Kickstarter project selling a dev board and started by a commercial company rubs Chris the wrong way.
- Congrats to the Raspberry Pi team for selling over 1 million units! Check out our interview with Eben Upton, the creator of the RPi, for more info.
- Patent trolls have been roaming the lands. One claiming they invented podcasts, many years past the date of their inception; another continually growing and shedding corporate shells (Intellectual Ventures) in order to avoid action against the larger company.
- Learning takes a long time. Listener Jope suggests this article about learning programming.
- Learning about chip layouts also takes a long time. This blogger reverse engineered an ST 24C02 sector 17 clock.
- If you’re into learning about RF, check out this database of circuit designs and start building!
- Chris is geeking out about his new mill. He’ll continue to make videos like this first one
- We need a new slogan! Email your ideas to email@example.com
- Next week we’ll have the CEO and the VP of Engineering from Touchstone Semiconductor. Keep an eye out for the post asking for your questions!
Thanks to jurvetson for the DS picture