Dave is back! And blogging from a hotel room, just like Chris did in episode 9 of the Amp Hour. He has lots of great videos he made at Renesas Dev Con and some good stories and experiences. On to the links!
- Shout outs!
- Thanks to Nathan from the Sober Newt for linking here!
- Thanks to Alan at From Orbit for linking here as well!
- Chris likes the wrist scope from Seeed studios. Dave says he wouldn’t use it.
- Thanks again to Jeff from MightyOhm for helping us out last week. We look forward to having him on the show again sometime.
- Tech News
- Arrow buys Nu Horizons, more consolidation in the distributor market.
- Actel bought by Microsemi, who wants to use the parts now that they might go obsolete?
- Farnell has an announcement on October 25th, we’re guessing they’ll just become Element14 officially.
- The BeagleBoard team has released the Panda Board!
- New Robot (video) podcast starting soon. Live hack every episode!
- Discussion Points
- Microsoft has a new development platform called the Gadgeteer. Designed to work with .net.
- Dave is back from Renesas Dev Con! Check out EEVblog for all the latest videos!
- Chris visited his local hackerspace for the first time, the Maker’s Alliance in Cleveland.
- Dave gave a preview of his talk with DJ Delore. Conversation about the Open Hardware definition. Why aren’t open tools part of the open hardware definition?
- Update not mentioned in show: EAGLE will have XML datafiles
- Phil Torrone also discusses this may be a part of the 1.0 definition.
That’s it for this episode. Keep your eye on EEVblog or YouTube, no videos of Dave’s presentation yet but we’ll be watching to see if he remembered to mention The Amp Hour!
Note: We still see random 502 and timeout errors which we think are still server side. Please keep trying to download the episode if it doesn’t work the first time.