Welcome, Bob Simpson of EV Drive!
- Bob started the new venture once inspired by the Tesla motors story and the white papers they published.
- Bob converted a BMW 325.
- There are pictures of the Range Extender (REX) on the e46 page.
- A proof of concept for the batteries was on a motocross bike, the e-moto-CRF250R
- EV Drive is now mostly in the business of supplying subassemblies to other manufacturers and enthusiasts.
- Higher voltage is better for powering these types of motors. Upwards of 700V out of the battery assembly!
- Bob used standard A123 battery packs and built a Battery Management System (BMS) around each cell (floating).
Got any more questions for Bob? Leave them in the comments!