Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- Chris just got back from Embedded World in Nuremberg where he was showcasing stuff for his company Golioth. Embedded World is happening again in March 2023.
- Electronica is another German trade show happening in November in Munich (above image is from 2014 Electronica)
- Are there any good remaining US based trade shows? Or outside the US?
- Howard Johnson episode
- Browsing at trade shows is one of hte main benefits
- Dave’s son is taking an online cosmology course
- “AI layout” company raises $25M
- Freight DHL
- RS-449 has um…a lot of pins
- VT100 “Dumb terminal”
- IEEE1394 (which was branded FireWire for Apple’s implementation)
- Chris has been reading Tony Fadell’s book Build
- New Raspberry Pi Pico W is $6 and has an RP2040 and WiFi
- Dave is interested in the PIO. The Embedded RPi team talked about PIO on the show.
- The net effect of shortages
- Inside Curious Marc’s lab (Daniel from Keysight hosts tour)
- Former guest Zach Barth has decided to shut down Zachtronics (maker of ShenzhenIO) to pursue other projects.
- Turing Tumble
My Port is Older Than Me says
RS232 is still used in new products. Brand new touchscreen, 4G, Android 12 payment terminal still has the full fat 9600 baud DB-9 RS232 port.
Rich W. says
“Look at that knob!” – You’re killing me, guys. 🙂
I had a VT100 years ago too, and also can’t remember what happened to it. Even though their later terminals had color and graphics, there was something special about the 100’s phosphor glow.