Welcome, Scott of the Great Scott YouTube channel!
- The channel started October of 2013. YouTube in Germany is more focused on gaming and non-electronics channels.
- Scott’s job training started in 2011. He works in the electrical power industry.
- Apprenticeship in Germany has a bunch of different names. One of them is einer ausbildung. The one that Scott did was duales studium.
- The electric longboard project was 10 – 20 hours of building/prep! The controller uses a wii numchuck and it communicates via an attiny85 (with an RF chip). The Xcarve was also used for the mechanical portion.
- German distributors
- The mentioned 7 segment display project
- Scott is an expert soldering with perfboard (see the intro to each video as an example). The mapping program Lochmaster helps plan out spread it
- Audio amplifier video
- Scott’s town does not have any hackerspaces. CCC is held in Hamburg.
- Beginners are a larger portion of the audience. The recent electronics basics video goes over brushless motors. Scott things the Afrotechmods video on amps vs volts is a great start.
- Scott started with op amps and encourages users to do the same.
- The 555 timer contest was back in 2011. Analog Tom’s servo videos blew Chris away.
Image via YouTube on Scott’s Patreon video