- Laen set up the BringAHack dinner, it was about 120 people! Really well set up.
- The Novena funded and as a result, Bunnie cut his hair off!
- Jeri gave an update on the CastAR, the molds are just about ready for first shot.
- Chris was given an MDO3000 to try out.
- Voltset was a company at Maker Faire with a phone/tablet based DMM (the 3rd we’ve heard of)
- Velleman is also coming out with a phone/tablet dual channel scope (with 10 MHz bw)
- Chris loved the robotic front loader
- The portalab is out on the road with Chris. It is all low-cost tools
- Chris finally saw the Othermill in person. It can do 5×5 PCBs from Gerbers or EAGLE files.
- More of a machining tool, the Carbide3D Nomad was there as well. It was developed by two hardware folks and the author of the software MeshCAM.
- Dave has been working a live stream setup where he can send the HDMI that is captured from his various cameras and microscope.
- Ben Heck did a new project that included Dave voice clips. Chris saw it in person.
- Chris’s “NEVER trust the autorouter” T-shirt was popular but was given away. There will be a teespring campaign for everyone to get one.
- Dave had never heard of Uber before, but will try it the next time he travels.