We wanted to try out a title similar to the style of The Big Bang Theory…we love it!
- Even though it’s Chris’ favorite news source, NPR recently used Dave’s Kindle teardown video without attribution! Booo.
- Follow Up
- More about last week’s discussion about PhD’s: they only make 3% more on average than those with a Master’s, according to a recent article from The Economist. Monetarily, PhD’s don’t seem worth it (though they may be otherwise)
- Discussion Points
- Is there a competitive advantage to being a squeaky wheel? Dave’s new videos got good responses from DigiKey and Maxim.
- Matt from the Antipasto Hardware Blog talks at length about the need for continued innovation in the Open Source Hardware Community.
- In the US, they are opening up the FM bands for the first time to non-commercial enterprises. Can Dave and Chris buy their way onto the airwaves? 😉
- There is also more talk about the Nearfield Communication capabilities of cellphones in the near future, as led by Google. There’s an open standard, but how much will be accessible to the user/hacker/maker?
- More tech executive foolishness. Some were caught “consulting” while holding a high ranking position in a company. What a bunch of dopes!
- Dave doesn’t want to work anymore. He would much rather retire now and do electronics as a hobby, who’s in?
An early submission from @wa7iut: