- Chris was notified (2x) that he has the opportunity to purchase Google Glass…for $1500. Dave and Chris Mims are both confused about this.
- There is news that Foxconn is planning on building them in the United States.
- Is it worthwhile to support your local economy for that reason alone? Or should the focus be on the business?
- Could Chris pay with a bag of pennies or dimes? The former would weight 900+ lbs! The latter, 75.
- Avoirdupois is a unit of measurement that neither Dave nor Chris had ever heard of.
- Chris just got back from a long weekend in NYC, where he got a tour of ITP, NYC Resistor and Adafruit. Thanks to everyone who showed him around!
- TinkerCAD is shutting down and moving on. Are other cloud apps at risk as well?
- Take a moment of silence the next time you read the Errata section of a datasheet. It’s likely that many hours were lost to discover it.
- Dave and Chris (and Jeff!) made the EE Times twitter list.
Durn shame that they’ve erected a registration wall.UPDATE: The registration wall is no longer triggering for us.
- The tech content is still the best stuff on EE Times/EDN. Chris liked this article about ADCs and the specifics of ENOB/SINAD/etc, in addition to the classic articles by Bonnie Baker in the “Baker’s Dozen” series.
- Video tutorials are also a great way to promote products. Teach us and we’ll consider your product more often (the applications model). Chris enjoys the videos by Matt Duff of Analog Devices.
- Dave has seen tech videos gone wrong, specifically the over produced and expensive Altium Tech Tonight clips
- The survey results are in and the winners have been chosen (listen to the last ten minutes to hear the winners). Keep an eye out for the summary of the survey later this week. And congrats to our winners!
Thanks to Cesar Harada for the picture of the impromptu Google Glass…