Welcome back Jeff! Always a good time when Mr Keyzer stops by. YESSIR.
- Jeff is preparing for the winter in Washington.
- The MakerBot is possibly going closed source.
- Kickstarter tells hardware companies, “We’re Not A Store“
- The LIFX bulb has caught a particularly large amount of flac.
- Chris wonders if people care about non-connected devices anymore. The IoT could very well come from Kickstarter.
- The Art of Electronics 3rd edition will be out next year! Or will it?
- Did you know: Dave is 1.028 smoots, Chris is 1.075 smoots and Jeff is 1.100 smoots? Find out more about crazy measurements here.
- Hardware is dead? Well, computer hardware maybe. But who thinks they can make money from computer hardware?
- A bunch of experts from Harvard say what we’ve been saying as well: “Manufacturing is important for the economy“. Duh.
- Can manufacturing ever be abstracted out, similar to an API? Is that what CMs do now?
That’s all for our time with Jeff. We’ll be sure to have him back again soon. As always, you can find out more about the stories, comment on them and add some of your own story ideas at The Amp Hour subreddit.