Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- We referenced a TON of past guest shows this week:
- Dave and David have been fixing up a microscope.
- Chris got back from Maker Faire and some very nice people showed up for his talk. There were also some crazy demos:
- Intel/Microsoft had a demo that identified gender, age and if the person was smiling pretty accurately. Felt like the pizza shop that was doing the same.
- IBM quantum computers were running user code
- There was a younger lady from Australia at Maker Faire showing off a homemade particle accelerator.
- Automation craziness in a grocery store/warehouse.
- Chris likes NYC CNC’s Fusion 360 tutorials
- David2 prefers Solidworks, because of the integration with Altium.
- Dave liked eMachine shop, which was a intuitive interface for Dave to build project boxes.
- Bre Pettis purchased OtherMachineCo, makers of the Othermill.
- Dave talked about getting a 24 hour turn in his PCB manufacturing video for the Nixie board.
- The milling machines use copper clad FR1 (phenolic paper) vs FR4
- Dave is considering registering as an educational organization for tax purposes. But it probably isn’t worth the hassle.
- Kickstarter, Avnet and Dragon Innovation announced a partnership to help funding campaigns make more manufacturable hardware.
- Dragon used to have a crowdfunding platform that was shuttered.
Thanks to all of our Patreon supporters!
Thanks to Bill Automata for the picture of the milled circuit board.