We will be having our second call-in show after a successful first round. The call will start at 8 pm EST on December 16th. Check out this link to see when the call will be in your local time.
How does it work?
- Call either 929-AMP-HOUR (local) or 855-967-8699 (toll-free). If you’re outside the US, you should be able to call a toll free number for free using Skype.
- We can have up to 5 people on hold. When you call in, you’ll talk to our call screener, who will ask you your name, location and what you’re calling about.
- You will get to listen to the show live while you are waiting for your turn to talk.
- When we patch you in, you will hear a short message and a beep announcing that you are now “on the air”.
Here are some guidelines on good topics:
- A problem you are having with a circuit that you can explain on the air (any question from beginner to expert).
- Difficulties in finding or choosing the right solution to a problem that needs to be solved with electronics (ie. can’t find the right connector, no dev board is narrow enough, etc)
- A philosophical question about making electronics.
- A debate you have been having with a friend or co-worker about electronics.
- Workplace issues, assuming they are still relevant to electronics.
Our producer/call screener will summarize your issue and we’ll pick the ones that best fit the tone of the show as we pick new callers.
What if you can’t make it? Well, we’re now on our second attempt at a call in show, so it’s a decent bet that we’ll try this again. However, you can also call the numbers above and leave us a voicemail! (please also leave us your name and where you’re calling from). If you decide to do that, realize it will just be Dave and I discussing the issue, but it’s still a good way to get your voice on air and ask us a burning question.