Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- Gordon Moore died two weeks ago
- Do EEs really retire from electronics? Or just switch to hobby mode?
- Eevblog2 video about going to a ham radio meetup with Dick Smith
- Dick sold the shop in 82
- Dave at the Fully Charged Show, he briefly met with Robert Llewllyn
- The Sears XCargo
- The Aptera is a funky looking, long range EV
- Prusa Mk4 was released, Chris liked Thomas Sanladerer’s video about it
- Dave is building a new desk out of pallets
- Shawn Hymel’s video about GitHub actions
- Gitpod / GitHub Codespaces
- Thunderscope looks awesome! It started as a Hackaday Prize entry and is open source on GitHub
So happy to hear my ThunderScope project mentioned on my favorite podcast! Dave’s scope teardowns were a huge help figuring out how to make a solid scope front end and the interview with Saleae was part of the inspiration to go for a fully streaming architecture. The low overhead and massive streaming throughput of PCIe/Thunderbolt is what makes the PC side much more responsive than any current PC connected scope. In fact, we hold the performance record for glscopeclient, an excellent open source scope UI / analysis tool. You should definitely give glscopeclient a try if you want a feel for what the software side of ThunderScope will be (or just want an advanced UI for your existing scopes), it works well with the Sigilent 2000x plus right now, but as mentioned before it is much slower due to the bandwidth limitation.
the resistor says
Dear Dave, you asked if there are affordable EVs with some space out there and mentioned that the big Mercedes start at 100K. Well, I ‘d like to proove you wrong – though I am not sure if this is sold in Australia (sorry, only a German webpage): https://www.autobild.de/artikel/mercedes-concept-eqt-2021-t-klasse-elektroauto-abmessungen-innenraum-preis-marktstart-19507251.html
It basically is saying that Mercedes sells a Citan EV (= small Van) starting at 24K Euro. And a more luxury version as EQT starting at 35K Euro.