Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Welcome Amitabh Shrivastava of Refrigediro.org and Tinkrmind!
- Amitabh moved from Physics into Engineering. He did an internship at Brandeis for astophysics and radio astronomy and realized astrophysics mostly coding these days.
- Kit for teaching teachers in India
- There was a limited Electronics scene in India. Amitabh grew up in Bangalore (Bengaluru)
- Manufacturing in India has been growing, including in the silicon space. Chris used to work at a place that had a CM in Bangalore.
- Gaming startup making tag games using LoRa
- Logistics company that tracked 2 wheelers. Their breakout product was a laser scanner for packages.
- Amitabh went to ITP at NYU, which is a technology and art crossover program. Past guest of the show Matt Richardson also went there.
- Creative aspects vs technical aspects.
- Amitabh enjoyed consulting for other artist, much like past guests Mike Harrison and Todd Bailey discussed.
- Programmable Air is a kit that allows people to more easily build soft robots and use pumps.
- Chris and Amitabh met at Teardown 2019. That was also the event where Chris recorded with Joshua and Zach, before recording again this year.
- A “jammer gripper” is a soft robot that allows you to pick up arbitrarily shaped objects using friction.
- “Backpack inflatable car” from Otherlab
- Open Source Project
- Programmable Air was crowdfunded on Crowd Supply. As such, it’s still available on Mouser.
- The valves in the kit were meant for keurig machines. Spec sheets are super basic for mechanical components.
- Chris saw Amitabh at Supercon 22 wearing a backpack refrigerator. It’s called “Refrigediro“
- Amitabh gave a talk about the project at Hackaday Supercon 2022
- The source of the name is “Harry potter and the methods of rational thinking“
- Refrigeration is an old industry
- Kipp Bradford and Adam Savage video on building tiny refrigeration.
- Other uses for small scale refrigeration is vaccine storage, cold chain storage.
- Ammonia refrigeration allows you to keep things cold with a fire.
- Gradient window cooler is a heat pump with a cool form factor. Not shipping yet though?
- Modding an icemaker
- Follow Amitabh on Instagram or YouTube for his latest experiments and builds. Follow him most places as “Tinkrmind”
Wonderful and amazing full of Innovative informations
Vinay Shrivastav says
Good inovation very useful.
Will say that most window wall units are easy to convert to be a heat pump. All you need is the reversing valve, the reversible expansion valve, which basically just has a different length of capillary tubing, depending on direction of flow, to control the expansion, and a different thermal sensor for temperature, plus a second sensor for the coil to detect it freezing up. If you already have electronic controls there is likely already a program for it to be a heat pump, as the same microcontrollers are used for them, so all you need is a extra relay on the board.