Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- Dave declares the chip shortage is over! The scopes from a contest 1 year ago have shipped.
- Adafruit video asking Microchip for parts. Adafruit helped popularize the SAMD21 and SAMD51, which are tough to get ahold of
Looks like I am going to put my pick and place circuit board assembly machine in storage. Without electronic components, it just takes up space. Maybe 2023 will be better? Who knows….. 😭 pic.twitter.com/vP5KWdvy2j
— factory400 (@factory_400) April 27, 2022
- Dave finally tried taking his EV to 100% charge
- “blowing the carbon out”
- American pickers
- On our subreddit, someone was asking about PCB fabs (and assembly)
- An apocryful story about firms buying finished goods and destroying to get parts out of them (the DailyMail is a rag)
- Josh from Macchina (Earl was on The Amp Hour on episode 388) had emailed Chris about XScomponents. There are some listings on there, but don’t get your hopes up!
- Diamond district effect
- Dave is a really big fan of Bluey
- Belkin is apparently trying out (or giving credence to wireless charginge). Dave was unconvinced (back in 2018)
- Open vs closed cavity
- Chris presented to the Thread Group and talked through some of the things he understands about it on the show. This video was pretty helpful.
- Chris’s wrestling name would be “The BOM Dropper”…apparently.
- Dave got some PCB art in the mailbag. He made a followup video about the “5 layers” of PCB artwork.
Digital? Every idiot can count to one. pic.twitter.com/OTAZD0HjQs
— Dave Jones (@eevblog) April 28, 2022
- Stippling is a technique of adding grayscale to two tone printing. Chris used this on the art for this episode.
- Using the ESP32-S2 as a USB to UART chip
- Eric Migicovsky wrote about Why Pebble Failed
- We had CTO of Pebble (Andrew Witte) on the show back on episode 175
It happened that we take some STM32F4 from production tested boards to produce a little quantity of another board.
We had to.
So an anthropomorphic cartoon dog is writing a kicad plugin?
Wow, the times we live in.
Michael Beaver says
Oh god the Daily Mail. Very little in there is true politically so I’d have my doubts about the rest of the content!
Benjamin Rockwell says
The rumor I heard from a good source is that the washing machine story involved a defense contractor.