Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- Dave has been dealing with a hard drive failure
- They were set up in a RAID5 configuration, but it’s still risky for data loss/corruption
- SMR, CMR
- Macrofab took investment from Altium recently
- The Macrofab Engineering Podcast had the head of ecosystem partnerships on the show talking about manufacturing data.
- Dave was surprised to learn that chip manufacturers pay for search rankings on distributor sites
- Ex macchina (movie) portrays AI
- Chris believes there would be benefis to opting in to some data stuff from distributors
- Chris is moving to the Research Triangle (RTP) area of North Carolina from Chicago. He currently lives a few blocks from Big Willie (The Willis Tower)
- Eli The Computer guy is down in Asheville (2.5-3 hours away from RTP), as well as past guest and friend of the show Martin Lorton
- Wendover Productions on why there are so many shortages
- The “Research Triangle” area is near Raleigh (NC State), Durham (Duke), and Chapel Hill (UNC Chapel Hill) and their associated Universities.
- You can roughly translate 10 square feet to 1 square meter. Chris found a garage/lab that had a 1200 sq ft lab/garage/shop with an apartment above it
- Dave shows off other peoples’ labs during mailbag videos
- Jeff Keyzer has been rehabbing old HP gear. Chris sent his 8753D to be cared for during the move.
- Matterport scans do a 3D capture of real estate for sale. Check out the “dollhouse view” for maximum effect.
- Chris has started working with Golioth, a new IoT startup by Jonathan Beri. Jon was on episode 526 talking about what makes IoT difficult, where he hinted at Golioth. Chris joined after some discussions around helping out.