Bruce Simpson from the Xjet Youtube channel joins Dave to discuss RC aircraft and creating an international incident by developing a DIY cruise missle!
He runs the world’s longest running blog website!
He’s on Twitter
- Pulsejet vs Xjet technology
- A visit from the New Zealand intelligence agency
- V1 vs V2 German missle technology
- Using electrostatic gradient and thermal grading for maintaining altitude
- What keeps a quadcopter in the air?
- CAA in NZ trying to shut him down and regulation red tape
- DJI drones and Geofencing
- DJI firmware bricking
- Tradeoff of rotor numbers. Octocopters vs Hex vs Quad
- Shrouded blades and the Coanda effect
- Beating Betz’s Law
- The futility of hydrogen powered cars
- The absurdity of magnetic fuel savers, 5G USB shields and other scams
- FPV vs Line of Sight flying
- Video transmission technology and bandwidth
- Model jet turbine engines vs full scale
- Parkinson’s disease and management strategies