Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- Chris spent too much of his camp working on giving a talk
- Dave winged it when he spoke at a Renesas 2010 event
- Dave recorded at the hotel room afterwards
- At Disneyland Star Wars you can build your own droid
- James Meigs of Popular Mechanics
- RF slides
- The talk Chris gave at CCCamp is now posted as well
- Hank Zumbalen on The Amp Hour
- App note “Staying Well Grounded”
- Book on RF layout
- Scotty from Strangeparts JLC video
- Does anyone know of a standalone loss leader factory?
- Dave building the programmer for the 3 cent micro
- $10B lost to trade war so far for Electronics Manufacturers
- During the show we found it acts like VAT or GST, it’s added to the end product/delivery area
- ie. Dave does not get charged Tariff even though he gets parts coming from China via the US
- Chris has started seeking out tutoring
- Dave learning French and German
- The term “Professional Engineer” will be a protected term in Victoria (Australia)
- Wi-Fi was invented at CSIRO
- How to to pronounce various hexadecimal numbers, incluing 0xDEAF (“dotty ernest annty frost”)
Thanks to fdecomite for the picture of “Hexadecimal in the outdoors”
Ben Nguyen says
Is the book mentioned “Science of Rapid Skill Acquisition” by Peter Hollins
Any particular episode of Ben Heck’s Hour of Code in 50 Minutes recommended?
In addition to Hank Zumbahlen’s Staying Well Grounded for RF design.. I recommend ‘michael-ossmann-makes-you-an-rf-design-hero’!
Finally, for a great learning resource, the Signals Everywhere’s discord community is a must for all things RF/SDR!
Chris Gammell says
No, I was confused when I said that, here’s the book: https://www.amazon.com/First-20-Hours-Learn-Anything/dp/1591846943/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=20+hours+to+learn&qid=1568596541&sr=8-1
It was this video on Ben Heck Hacks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra7bT74EGUs