Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- KiCon is over! The only thing that really went wrong is Chris lost his wallet briefly.
- Former guest Chris Anderson (@Chr1sa on twitter) is no longer going to TED conferences
- Matt Foley motivational speaker
- Simone Giertz is our only past guest who has given a full TED talk (?)
- Derek Kozel
- Dave “threw a grenade”
- PCB wars
- Dave made two predictions
- Displace the low end tools
- There will be a commercial venture supporting KiCad at some point
- We discussed something similar in episode 188
- KiCon Developer panel
- Chris stood up a site for Reality Instruments, which is for add-ons for the Valve Index
- Open source hardware
- Names matter, don’t lock yourself in
- Trademarks and brands
- Tim Poole of Subverse
- Anki shuts down, lays off staff
- They had just done a new Kickstarter project
- Boston Dynamics’ Spot Mini showcased during a Tech Crunch event
- James Bruton
- Silicon Valley is a documentary
- The Inventor: Out For Blood in Silicon Valley (documenatry about Elizabeth Holmes / Theranos)
- Brian Benchoff posts about the cost realities of low volume production
- A twitter thread about #badgelife and getting started with electronics
Enjoyed the podcast, as usual 🙂
Chris, Reality Instruments looks great! Your playlist for the RI Blink is called ‘IR Blink’, which I assume is a typo (unless I’m missing something and it’s to protect you from night-vision cameras).
Samuel E Rustan says
Would Digikey and WIT be considered “commercial backers”?
What was the name of the (Canadian?) comedian that stands outside of parliament?