Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
- Trip Planning! Chris has two meetups scheduled for NZ
- Dave started making explainer vids using his new tablet. His first one was about digital logic.
- There is a new printed magazine that will be starting in Australia called DIYode.
- Want to read a bunch of old Bell Labs journals? Check out this collection of them on Archive.org
- There is a great short course about Op Amp stability
- Chris enjoyed this presentation about engineering documentation by one of the Hackaday writers.
- We have a bunch of Amp Hour notebooks now, courtesy of former guest Ryan O’Hara.
- US farmers are hacking their tractors with Ukranian cracked firmware so they can repair and upgrade the stuff they own. This is also a focus of the “Right To Repair” legal battle.
- Former guest Louis Rossman is a big proponent of the right to repair, for obvious reasons.
- Congrats to Photonic Induction for returning to the video world and for getting married! That dude looked super happy.
- All the way with LBJ
- Google Glass is dead. Long live, Google Glass! (industrially)
- Apparently Swatch is getting into the operating system game? Oof.
- Dave likes the new Rhode and Schwartz scopes. Mike Harrison just did a review of the new one for sale.
john crowhurst says
firmware in tractors.
modern tractors are hubs of industrial systems of modern engineering for today’s large scale full-time farmers. so firmware is part of the on-board hydraulic & compressed air (umatic air systems). as agriculture can be time critical & cost sensitive. if you have just 48 hr window in the weather to get a job completed, costly downtime delays can be frustrating. so a firmware mod can save both time & money, particularly if the tractor manufacturer is using firmware to add cost & more delay for the end user.
you must see middle earth when in New Zealand 🙂
Warning about The Drop Bear, Thylarctos plummetus when in Australia.
also a Warning about large jumping rats that can fight on two legs.
-never say,,, I will be rooting for you or the team. in Australia a root = is to get laid or have sex.
-as for Shouting as long as you have the money for everybody in the room.
or too drunk to know you just got everybody else at the Bar a drunk at your own expense.
making money is never easy, …otherwise counterfeiting banknotes would be legal.
many of us have the same problem.
Please please please tell me you are going to sell those log-books!
Average Math Guy says
Don’t be scared by math, it takes some time to digest but it’s 100% worth it, even for engineers
Also, do a live stream marathon on youtube when you meet Dave in Australia, my only complain about the amp hour is that 1h a week is not enough!
Keep up with the good work