Chris is headed to Australasia in less than a month! Interested in meeting up? Check out the post about the trip here. And get in touch if you’re interested!
- Dave has been hacking the 1000x scope (in two parts!): part 1, part 2
- The bandwidth is tied to Claude Shannon’s Information Theory.
- Dave did a monster survey! Over 10,000 respondents. Chris thinks that there might be a slight cult of personality going on.
- The Vault 7 was a huge CIA leak to Wikileaks.
- Chris has been loving The Idea Factory (which he just finished). It was very interesting learning about the personal nature of a lot of the big names. Claude Shannon was a huge tinkerer who built flame throwing trumpets and rocket powered frisbees and Chess playing automatons
- The AWS outage affected a bunch of IoT devices. Jon from Superhouse.tv made a video about how some devices went down.
- There were some super fancy electronics created that can survive on the surface of Venus.
- Elecia and Chris from Embedded.fm are doing March Madness for Microcontrollers
- Dave has used the Basic Stamp in the past. It’s actually a layer programmed on top of a PIC part.
- There is an IoT Teddy Bear that was insecure and leaked a bunch of messages and images onto the internet.
- We can speed up terraforming Mars if we (somehow) install a huge magnetic field.
- Chris only understands terraforming from watching Firefly.
- The Martian has been released in a “classroom friendly version“.
- Electric meters are reporting 6 times lower than normal, but Dave thinks it’s likely just power factor.
- Chris wanted to talk about the dangers of hooking signals directly to platforms like a Raspberry Pi.
Thanks to volvob12b for the picture of Millford Sound