Dave and Chris discuss the news!
- Dave just got back from a holiday. He couldn’t keep away though and posted videos from the beach!
- Dave is focusing on logistics, using shipping from DHL and WordPress / Woocommerce for the interface.
- Marketing is tough for engineers but David Kronstein did things right. Spending marketing dollars on hardware for people to review.
- EAGLE has switched to a subscription model. Dave made a video about it.
- Switching to KiCad? Chris made Getting To Blinky 4.0 which is a decent start at trying out the program.
- Watching technical videos? Chris recommends the Video Speed Controller Chrome plugin. Speed up or down any HTML5 video.
- A bit of a jump. LTspice went from version 4 to version…17! Likely due to the ADI acquisition of LinearTech. We interviewed creator and maintainer of LTspice, Mike Engelhardt!
- Chris noted that the Falstad Simulator (which went online a couple years ago) now has current and voltage visualization, similar to the EveryCircuit android app.
- Nvidia simulated photographs of a moonwalk to debunk online wackos. The Mythbusters had done a similar thing with a physical model.
- The Trump administration is messing with science. This will not stand. We enjoyed the badlands national park reactions.
- The AT&T archive videos are fantastic, check out this one on wave behavior
- Jeff Keyzer (Mightyohm, yessah!) posted his pictures of his tour to Bell Labs.
- When you’re depressed (or stressed) make something.
- Dave is working on his custom multimeter, almost as a project manager. A new role for Dave!
- The gadget apocalypse is upon us!
- Captain Disillusionment did another video about the Cicret bracelet
- GoPro slashing staff.
- Chris was intrigued by a new variation on a business model showcased at TechCrunch Disrupt.
Do not forget to announce the drawing for AoE