Welcome, Eric Ries, author of The Lean Startup!
- Even after reading the book, Chris needed some help grasping some of the contents. This slide deck helped
- However, we highly recommend getting and reading the book!
- In addition to being a book, there is also a yearly conference in San Francisco in December discussing The Lean Startup methodology.
- The basis of The Lean Startup methodology is the build, measure, learn cycle. Every action is meant to increase knowledge of your market and what your customer wants.
- Eric got started in software but now has been consulting for and applying the lessons of The Lean Startup to hardware companies.
- One of Eric’s mentors and now a champion of the methodology is Steve Blank. He has written about “Why The Lean Startup Changes Everything“.
- One example used was bolting a tablet into a car to test out a car entertainment system.
- Another was selling a test model of a large scale appliance in the company store, to see if anyone would want it.
- You can find meetup groups in your city to learn more about and to participate in discussions about The Lean Startup.
- To hear regular updated and get great links about TLS, follow Eric on Twitter: @EricRies.
Many thanks to Eric for taking some time to chat with us about how the field of entrepreneurship is changing and how that might impact innovation in general. It was great to speak with him and learn more about The Lean Startup!