Holy YouTube clips, Batman! We have tons of clips this week. Me and our special guest were talking about lots of stuff and it turns out many of them were video based. We can’t wait to see many of Dave’s videos, he’s still traveling around and is still working on editing and uploading many of them. On to the links!
- Discussion Points
- What would it take to make open hardware chips?
- Jeri Ellsworth has done it! In her garage no less!
- One of our listeners Richard thinks it could be done with laser printers.
- Chip fabs are better places to do that, just like the one Jeff visited (well, not during the taping of this music video):
- Fabs use some nasty chemicals (and some that aren’t allowed under ROHS) like SF6. But SF6 is fun too!
- No parts? Still? AVRs are hard to find and it hurts small businesses!
- Dumb analysts are sad FPGA lead times are getting better.
- Chris hates it when there aren’t standard pinouts!
Thanks (again) to Jeff from Mighty Ohm for sitting in on The Amp Hour! It was really fun talking to him again and we appreciate it!