Welcome, Simone Giertz! (@simonegiertz)
- Simone’s company back in Sweden is called Artificial Stupidity
- Since creating her first robot GIF a couple years ago, Simone has been crowned the “queen of shitty robots“.
- Chris first met Simone at HardwareCon in 2014. She was working with Colin Karpfinger at PunchThrough, makers of the Light Blue Bean.
- Simone’s great-great-grandfather was one of the founders of Ericsson!
- The kits Simone has been using lately are from Vex Robotics. Previously she has showcased items from Actobotics.
- Simone is mulling the idea of making her own Maker Kits, but has dealt with sourcing issues.
- Chris talked about his machining journey and highly recommended the Guerrilla Guide to Machining. This shows methods for making molds for small gears, which can be used to gear down high RPM motors.
- Simone has also been working at Tested.com. She works alongside Adam Savage and the other crew there.
- Beginners mind (Shoshin) is important when teaching and learning new subjects.
- Simone has been building out her lab and made a “favorite things” video for 2016.
- As part of her sponsorship agreements (the good ones that stuck around!), she visited CES last week.
- Chris called out the Internet of Shit twitter moment that showcased some bogus gadgets.
- One of Simone’s favorite things there was the Furrion racing robot. This would be a racing league in the same way that Megabots will be a robot fighting league.
- Simone has a new show for premium viewers called “It might work“.
Thanks to Simone for stopping by! For those who listen past the credits, here is the tweet Chris is referencing.